Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By tdbabydoll

Thread: Suboxone Rehab Center

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Abbeville, Louisiana
    Posts
    81

    Suboxone Rehab Center

    Abbeville LA 70510 in Vermilion Parish. Suboxone/Buprenorphine/Naloxone Rehabilitation Detox Addiction Center is the best.

    My friend is back in there. I'm never going back.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    63
    There's alot of good, great, bad and ugly rehab centers out there. It's sad the government doesn't realize it's less expensive to treat than to incarcerate.

    I went to The Cure/Passages in Malibu. It gets alot of negative publicity but honestly though I didnt stay sober for any length of time after it I learned ALOT of valuable tools to help support my now long term recovery. They taught me I had to make CHANGES - PEOPLE/PLACES/THINGS...that took me some time, one of which was an unsupportive now exhusband. They have a book, I recommend any addict check it out!

    The key to recovery is ironically on the walls of AA/NA halls - THE KEY IS WILLINGNESS. Along with it is the importance of HOPE!! Us addicts in recovery, we can offer hope and be the light for others still suffering, and often that helps them find the willingness to work on recovery. It aint easy, but then again neither is life!

    Prayers for you all! God Bless!

    tdb
    4tRACY520 and viewsocial like this.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Abbeville, Louisiana
    Posts
    81

    Willingness

    Quote Originally Posted by tdbabydoll View Post
    THE KEY IS WILLINGNESS. Along with it is the importance of HOPE!! Us addicts in recovery, we can offer hope and be the light for others still suffering, and often that helps them find the willingness to work on recovery. It aint easy, but then again neither is life!
    WORD!

    The key IS willingness. I love that. Every day - every blasted day, I gotta work on my level of willingness. Here in a small town, in a "backward" state like Louisiana, way out in the boonies.... yeah, that where I'm at.

    Not only do I have my old friends/suppliers around me, and run into them all the time whether I'm looking for them or not... I gotta stay on top of it. Otherwise, I get weak and give in. Again.

    I was on another forum and some guy kept telling me to stay away from my old buddies... how in the hell can i do that without turning into a hermit?

    No, for me, in my situation, I gotta be able to carry it with me. If its not inside me, watching out for me all the time, ready to fight if i have to...im gonna fail. Fight or run. Run or fight. That's the key. You gotta be willing to do it for yourselfd.

    Wow, guess thats some deep thinking, lol. Hope yall are following, cuz this is some important stuff right here.

    Ok, i get off my soapbox.

    Anybody ever saw a soapbox? hahaha

    20b15e57fc9de9b626e6edcbdc661861.jpg

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    63
    Mcd my life IS a soapbox! LOL! I got 6 kids, any day is a new chapter of drama and chaos! Ha!

    And yea it's funny they tell you not to hang out with people who use, but wait til you go to AA/NA for like years and years and people come in and out and what are you supposed to do I had a friend that had 14 years, went out for 10 years and is now back for 4 years again sober! If I'd blown him off when he was using I would have felt like a crap head, plus it's just simply impossible!

    However I do set BOUNDARIES with people I know that are using. I protect my sobriety and recovery, and no one is going to screw it up for me if I wanna screw it up I can do a great job of that myself without help! LOL!

    have a great day!

    tdb

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by mcd2830 View Post
    WORD!

    No, for me, in my situation, I gotta be able to carry it with me. If its not inside me, watching out for me all the time, ready to fight if i have to...im gonna fail. Fight or run. Run or fight. That's the key. You gotta be willing to do it for yourselfd.

    20b15e57fc9de9b626e6edcbdc661861.jpg
    LOVE THAT! Ijust wrote that down and pasted it to my wall so i can see it.


    wow, babydoll, 6 kids???

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    63
    Yea viewsocial, I tried soooo very hard to get sober for my kids..it would have been great! But I could not. I had alot of bad things in my life, past and then present that I was creating myself without knowing it. Drama and chaos seemed to follow me, but in reality it was always a step ahead of me and I was choosing it...

    When it becomes more appealing to get sober than get high, when you're sick of being sick, when the consequences catch up to you...that's when the willingness needs to really kick in. I wanted a better life. I hated me. I hated everything I did to everyone I loved. I was tired of the drama and chaos.

    My life is pretty uneventful now, but I wouldn't exchange recovery for using again! And I believe in God, it is but by his grace I'm alive today to even chat about it.

    Prayers for you all!

    tdb

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by tdbabydoll View Post
    Yea viewsocial, I tried soooo very hard to get sober for my kids..it would have been great! But I could not. I had alot of bad things in my life, past and then present that I was creating myself without knowing it. Drama and chaos seemed to follow me, but in reality it was always a step ahead of me and I was choosing it...

    When it becomes more appealing to get sober than get high, when you're sick of being sick, when the consequences catch up to you...that's when the willingness needs to really kick in. I wanted a better life. I hated me. I hated everything I did to everyone I loved. I was tired of the drama and chaos.

    My life is pretty uneventful now, but I wouldn't exchange recovery for using again! And I believe in God, it is but by his grace I'm alive today to even chat about it.

    Prayers for you all!

    tdb
    Has anybody seen babydoll lately?


    we miss you babydoll!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •